How long does the mother have to “change her mind?”

If the birth mother has given an out-of-court consent, she may request a revocation within 5 working days (excluding weekends and holidays). The court is not required to grant the request for revocation. If the court does schedule a hearing, they may ask questions to determine if the consent was voluntarily given, and, if it was, determine what is in the best interest of the child. Many factors are outlined in the statute for the court to consider if they grant the hearing.

Whether an in-court or out of court consent was given, the parent has 21 days after termination of parental rights to file an appeal.